How to make Kalguksu
1) Cooking ingredients
Main ingredient: 100g (1 cup) wheat flour
Sub-ingredients: 20g anchovy for soup, 80g zucchini, 1 dried shiitake mushroom, 2g red pepper, 1tbsp cooking oil, ½tsp sugar, ½tsp sesame oil, ½tsp soy sauce, 1tsp soy sauce, 1tsp salt
Seasoned soy sauce: 1 tsp red pepper powder, 1 tbsp soy sauce, ¼ root of green onion, 1 clove of garlic, ½ tsp sesame salt, 1 tsp sesame oil
2) Basic information
· Cooking time: 30 minutes
· Serving Size: Based on 1 serving
3) Cooking process
01. Leave the flour for extra flour, and sift the flour (9 tablespoons) through a sieve, then knead it with salt water (3 tablespoons) and a little cooking oil to make it thick and wrap it in a plastic bag.
02. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 0.3cm, cut it into pieces of 0.2cm wide, and spread it out by shaking off the powder so that it does not stick to each other.
03. Remove the head and intestines of dried anchovies, put them in cold water to boil, skim off the foam that rises, and when the anchovy broth is sufficiently cooked, filter it through a double-blind cloth to make broth.
04. Cut the zucchini into 5×0.2×0.2cm pieces and shred them, pickle them lightly in salt and fry them blue on a griddle greased with oil.
05. Soak the shiitake mushrooms in water, remove the pillars, remove the stalks, cut them into shreds, season with soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil and fry.
06. When the broth boils, color it with soy sauce, season with salt, add the cut noodles, and boil while stirring to avoid boiling.
07. Put kalguksu in a bowl, put the roasted zucchini and shiitake mushrooms in an orderly manner, top with red pepper as a garnish, and pour hot soup over it.
08. Make seasoned soy sauce and serve.
4) Cooking Tips
· If you add a little cooking oil when kneading, the noodles will not stick to the dough and become shiny and chewy.
· If you use a lot of flour when rolling out the dough, it is good because it does not stick to each other, but there is a risk that the soup will thicken and become cloudy.
· When adding the noodles to the soup, it is good to shake them thoroughly to remove excess flour.